Wargame Rules

BLOG BACKGROUND AND WARGAME RULES
I have set up this blog for my wargaming interests in the Muscovite-Tartar Wars, Reconquista Wars, the Barbary Coast Pirates, and the early campaigns of the Ottoman Turks and Saracens. Some lesser known crusades will also be covered. Miniatures are mainly 28mm with a growing collection in 54mm. If my photographs serve to encourage others to complete their collections I shall be pleased. I will also be mentioning other sites with interesting collections on the above. Do join the 'Friends' if you like what you see.

I prefer to use my own rules which are kept simple and involve eight-sided dice. These allow for fast results with various types of weaponry. Morale dominates my games.


Tuesday 19 June 2018

Asiatic Conversion Project No2 (those horses)

The figures have just arrived. Ordered on Saturday, they turned up on Tuesday morning. My initial reaction is this was a great purchase. The breakdown is as follows, twenty riders and nineteen horses being 28mm, while six riders and seven horses are 25mm, and won't be integrated. The 28mm castings are in good condition, none were heavily coated in varnish so I see no need for paint stripping to reveal the original detail. There was even a Muscovite horse archer from TAG which was painted in the same style as my own. The paintwork on the others will be simple to upgrade, while their horses were full of character, even one or two painted in WW2 drab brown (lol), so their integration is looking good. Lets look at the cost. I have conservatively valued the riders at £1.25, while the horses are £1.75 each, this gives a total of £58.25, for a cost of £27 including delivery. Concerning the horses, I have already removed their bases. The 25mm will provide a small unit of Huns, which I will upgrade and eventually swap for others. Six 28mm figures with barded horses will form a Khazar unit, to occasionally serve with my Tartar horde of light horse archers. Note, five non-barded horses have 'cruppers'; a leather strap that is tight around the horse's tail. This dates them to post 1600AD, so I might integrate them into my later Muscovites (1600-1700), or my 18th century collections, or just file the cruppers away, hardly difficult. Heres some more photos for your interest, the last photo showing the rejected 25mm castings, which WILL make a nice unit, but not in my collection. MGB

No comments:

Post a Comment