Wargame Rules

BLOG BACKGROUND AND WARGAME RULES
I have set up this blog for my wargaming interests in the Muscovite-Tartar Wars, Reconquista Wars, the Barbary Coast Pirates, and the early campaigns of the Ottoman Turks and Saracens. Some lesser known crusades will also be covered. Miniatures are mainly 28mm with a growing collection in 54mm. If my photographs serve to encourage others to complete their collections I shall be pleased. I will also be mentioning other sites with interesting collections on the above. Do join the 'Friends' if you like what you see.

I prefer to use my own rules which are kept simple and involve eight-sided dice. These allow for fast results with various types of weaponry. Morale dominates my games.


Monday 5 January 2015

Turkish Janissaries

Have just completed a new unit of Janissaries. This is an early portrayal armed with bills and kalkan (cane) shields. Less uniformed than my other ortas, they are predominantly in shades of green. I think these additional 'blades' will be useful in any siege games. MGB

8 comments:

  1. Good looking unit. Where did you get the flags?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike, I make my own, quite enjoy discovering a colourful flag, can lead to a new unit just to represent it in the collection.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for getting in touch on my blog, its really great to find a fellow turkish wargaming enthusiast. Keep up the good work.
    Robbie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robbie, you run several excellent blogs which are a real pleasure to visit. Your 18th century collection is quite special! Hope to play a wargame soon with the Ottomans, and post some photos.

      Delete
  3. Love the figures! And the ship sets them off nicely! Consider yourself followed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most kind John, I'm eager to see these vessels in action on the wargames table!

      Delete
  4. I love the colour on the Janissaries, and the ships and backdrop make a superb effect. I really like your site and your troops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appreciate the support Jiminho, I need a morale boost to open the paint lids these days. Mind you, I have spent most of yesterday and today clearing figures of flash, drilling open some cast-hands, and undercoating them with spray paints. I've completed about 130 castings. Its exciting waiting for an order to arrive, but I hate looking at piles of bare metal. figures.

      Delete