Wargame Rules

BLOG BACKGROUND AND WARGAME RULES
I have set up this blog for my wargaming interests in the Muscovite-Tartar Wars, Reconquista Wars, the Barbary Coast Pirates, and the early campaigns of the Ottoman Turks and Saracens. Some lesser known crusades will also be covered. Miniatures are mainly 28mm with a growing collection in 54mm. If my photographs serve to encourage others to complete their collections I shall be pleased. I will also be mentioning other sites with interesting collections on the above. Do join the 'Friends' if you like what you see.

I prefer to use my own rules which are kept simple and involve eight-sided dice. These allow for fast results with various types of weaponry. Morale dominates my games.


Wednesday 21 July 2021

RUSSIAN LOG BUILDING

I'm spending most of my hobby time these days working on my 54mm toy soldier collection. However, with this hot spell, I decided it would be a nice change to use up some spare card and wood dowel constructing a large log building, something to sit behind similar fortifications. MGB

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful buildings Michael, they are spot on! Are the figures 54mm conversions? If so, what figures did you start out with? The gun and crew are outstanding, as are all the rest of the figures! Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Brad, the figures are 28mm, part of my Muscovite army which numbers about 300. The gun crew are converted drummers. I subsequently sent one of my converted to Ian Hinds and he has now cast the figure to serve as Streltsy pikemen/artillery crew.
      Michael

      Delete
  2. Terrific work! Do l see some Hinchcliffe streltzi in the photos?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well spotted Alan, have recruited about 180 Hinchlcliffe streltsy, I think they still look nice in formed up battalions, and love their uniform colours!
      Michael

      Delete
  3. Fabulous looking buildings Michael. They really provide atmosphere and evoke thoughts of Poles, Turks, Cossacks and Muscovites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John, I think its the heatwave in the UK, it has drawn me back to the Russian steppes. Actually, my painting of figures has dried up like the weather, so it was a nice change to construct a building.
      Michael

      Delete