Wargame Rules

BLOG BACKGROUND AND WARGAME RULES
I have set up this blog for my wargaming interests in the Muscovite-Tartar Wars, Reconquista Wars, the Barbary Coast Pirates, and the early campaigns of the Ottoman Turks and Saracens. Some lesser known crusades will also be covered. Miniatures are mainly 28mm with a growing collection in 54mm. If my photographs serve to encourage others to complete their collections I shall be pleased. I will also be mentioning other sites with interesting collections on the above. Do join the 'Friends' if you like what you see.

I prefer to use my own rules which are kept simple and involve eight-sided dice. These allow for fast results with various types of weaponry. Morale dominates my games.


Sunday 20 September 2020

MY RUSSIAN SUBMARINE c.1721

Some time last year I picked up a small treen pot for 50p in a charity shop. Thought I might be able to make something interesting out of it. Today I have de facto completed my Efim Nikonov submarine, originally designed in 1721. I point out it was only designed that year as it failed all its testing, and the Russian government scrapped its funding for this project. Hope you agree, however, if it had worked, it would have been a useful weapon against the Ottoman fleet operating in the Black Sea....... hope to find out soon! MGB

2 comments:

  1. Truth is stranger than fiction! Thanks for putting up this excellent post and for showing your industrious shipwrights at work! :-)

    Regards, Chris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm mainly uploading on my 54mm collections these days, but I do plan to return to my 28mm Muscovite collection at a later date. Thanks for the kind words and best wishes for the New Year.
      Michael

      Delete