Wargame Rules

BLOG BACKGROUND AND WARGAME RULES
I have set up this blog for my wargaming interests in the Muscovite-Tartar Wars, Reconquista Wars, the Barbary Coast Pirates, and the early campaigns of the Ottoman Turks and Saracens. Some lesser known crusades will also be covered. Miniatures are mainly 28mm with a growing collection in 54mm. If my photographs serve to encourage others to complete their collections I shall be pleased. I will also be mentioning other sites with interesting collections on the above. Do join the 'Friends' if you like what you see.

I prefer to use my own rules which are kept simple and involve eight-sided dice. These allow for fast results with various types of weaponry. Morale dominates my games.


Thursday 21 February 2019

54MM Airfix Mounted Archer (Part Four)

In purchasing several job lots I picked up an Airfix longbowman and a rather small pony. Keen to make use of them both, I thought combining them might make an interesting model. Have joined the torso to the legs of a cheap Chinese rider, added a spare buckler and sword scabbard, and nailed the whole to the pony. Having applied a coat of yacht varnish for protection, I think its a fun addition. By the way, the Airfix figure was a few millimetres less in height when placed next to the Britains Herald medieval figures, fine on the table, but not so good in the same unit. MGB
Here is the original Airfix archer, which had been previously painted without a primer!

8 comments:

  1. Thats a great conversion well done. For my 54mm I have mainly used Airfix they are lovely sculpts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robbie, Ive seen the Airfix figures for sale, and they do look good. I probably won't need to purchase any now as Ive already raised a fair number of sergeants/lesser retinue, just need to complete their banners and base them. I know you gloss varnish all your figures, have you done this to your new 54mm?
      Michael

      Delete
  2. That is a lovely paint job, especially on the horse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you James, I wanted something quite different to represent a non-warhorse, the model is actually quite small. It serves as a hackney?
      Michael

      Delete
  3. I was also very impressed by your Russian church.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers James, I'm quite pleased with how it came out, the colours of Christmas lol.
      Michael

      Delete
  4. The mounted archer has is very nice indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you TGM, It came in a parcel of secondhand figures and I was keen to use it in some capacity.
      Michael

      Delete