Wargame Rules

BLOG BACKGROUND AND WARGAME RULES
I have set up this blog for my wargaming interests in the Muscovite-Tartar Wars, Reconquista Wars, the Barbary Coast Pirates, and the early campaigns of the Ottoman Turks and Saracens. Some lesser known crusades will also be covered. Miniatures are mainly 28mm with a growing collection in 54mm. If my photographs serve to encourage others to complete their collections I shall be pleased. I will also be mentioning other sites with interesting collections on the above. Do join the 'Friends' if you like what you see.

I prefer to use my own rules which are kept simple and involve eight-sided dice. These allow for fast results with various types of weaponry. Morale dominates my games.


Sunday 7 October 2018

The Preobrazhenski Guards, 1st Moscow, and Novgorod Streltsy

Some new recruits for the Tsar are now ready for service. In their green coats are the Preobrazhenski Guards c.1700, still wearing streltsy type uniforms. The 1st Moscow Streltsy have gained an additional twelve figures, making a total of thirty (1,500 men). Some spare figures have been formed into a small garrison unit and given light-red coats, they carry a Novgorod flag. While the blue streltsy unit continues as a baggage guard, they have now received a Pskov flag. This makes seven streltsy regiments for the field army with a further two smaller units serving in a reserve capacity. Surely now there is enough to take on the Tartar-Ottoman alliance. MGB

10 comments:

  1. VERY Impressive!!They look great! Take on the Tartars and Ottomans- if you lose it means you can add more- a good incentive. If they win- buy more Tartars or Ottomans.
    Getting more figures is always a win/win.
    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL John, but no one else was meant to know this.
      Michael

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Cheers Jonathan, I'm clearing the lead pile.
      Michael

      Delete
  3. SUperb, paint job and flags!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Phil, may have mentioned it before, I often raise a unit because I want the flag in the collection.
      Michael

      Delete
  4. Lovely as expected. The Russian range from Hinchliffe was always a favourite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Robbie, I really do need to use them in a war-game, before the Russian Winter arrives!
      Michael

      Delete
  5. Very nice job, particularly the flags, which are excellent!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you WA. as I put to Robbie, I want to sort out some games using these new recruits.
      Michael

      Delete