Wargame Rules

BLOG BACKGROUND AND WARGAME RULES
I have set up this blog for my wargaming interests in the Muscovite-Tartar Wars, Reconquista Wars, the Barbary Coast Pirates, and the early campaigns of the Ottoman Turks and Saracens. Some lesser known crusades will also be covered. Miniatures are mainly 28mm with a growing collection in 54mm. If my photographs serve to encourage others to complete their collections I shall be pleased. I will also be mentioning other sites with interesting collections on the above. Do join the 'Friends' if you like what you see.

I prefer to use my own rules which are kept simple and involve eight-sided dice. These allow for fast results with various types of weaponry. Morale dominates my games.


Monday 29 October 2018

MY BEST EBAY PURCHASE, BY FAR

I've had some real success on Ebay recently. Picked up a load of Essex figures and horses for the delivered total of £35. The figures are a mixture of Cumans, Pechenegs, and a few heavily armoured Byzantines and arabs. They came with a full range of horses, many of which arrived with some enhancing paintwork. In my estimation, the Pechenegs would not look out of place as early Cossack horse archers, while the armoured Cumans will make some useful Muscovite Druzhina or lesser Boyars. Some of the others can serve as standard bearers, or drafted into my Tartar horde. MGB

2 comments:

  1. A nice buy! Lot's of firepower to be added to your forces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, John, I'm amazed how many seek to sell figures at practically the same price as buying them new from the manufacturer. Others claim the figures are OOP, when they are still available from WF or other manufacturers. Still, I really have had some success with this batch, and I've always liked Essex figures.
      Michael

      Delete