Wargame Rules

BLOG BACKGROUND AND WARGAME RULES
I have set up this blog for my wargaming interests in the Muscovite-Tartar Wars, Reconquista Wars, the Barbary Coast Pirates, and the early campaigns of the Ottoman Turks and Saracens. Some lesser known crusades will also be covered. Miniatures are mainly 28mm with a growing collection in 54mm. If my photographs serve to encourage others to complete their collections I shall be pleased. I will also be mentioning other sites with interesting collections on the above. Do join the 'Friends' if you like what you see.

I prefer to use my own rules which are kept simple and involve eight-sided dice. These allow for fast results with various types of weaponry. Morale dominates my games.


Friday 31 August 2018

Eastern European retinue/civic militia 14-15th Century

I had six Wargame Foundry mounted crossbowmen in my collection which were somewhat surplus to my Iberian medieval armies. Thought they might serve as Eastern European sergeants if integrated with other castings. Hinchcliffe produce a similar figure described as 'Polish retinue', so I decided to purchase ten figures and increase this unit to sixteen. Here are a few photos showing the end result, I note that Gripping Beast also list several Russian crossbowmen styled 'city militia', might like to get a few. MGB

2 comments:

  1. They look dynamic and superb, well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, it was fun making them into a wargame unit.
      Michael

      Delete