Wargame Rules

BLOG BACKGROUND AND WARGAME RULES
I have set up this blog for my wargaming interests in the Muscovite-Tartar Wars, Reconquista Wars, the Barbary Coast Pirates, and the early campaigns of the Ottoman Turks and Saracens. Some lesser known crusades will also be covered. Miniatures are mainly 28mm with a growing collection in 54mm. If my photographs serve to encourage others to complete their collections I shall be pleased. I will also be mentioning other sites with interesting collections on the above. Do join the 'Friends' if you like what you see.

I prefer to use my own rules which are kept simple and involve eight-sided dice. These allow for fast results with various types of weaponry. Morale dominates my games.


Thursday 10 May 2018

Russian Jiltsi Guard Cavalry c.1500

My Muscovite army has just gained a unit of guard cavalry. Called Jiltsi, they resemble the winged hussars of the Polish renaissance armies. Had to fiddle with some bits of spare tin and my hand drill to construct something strong enough to represent the ornamental dragons fixed to their lances. The banner is only temporary, it will be moving on to the Boyar cavalry, to be replaced with the Czar's personal standard. This was a fun project. MGB

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you John, it was fun to see it come together.
      Michael

      Delete
  2. Another beautiful unit. Marvelous work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you WA, they fit perfectly with the Hinchcliffe castings, might try having some without wings to serve at mounted streltsy.
      Michael

      Delete