Wargame Rules

BLOG BACKGROUND AND WARGAME RULES
I have set up this blog for my wargaming interests in the Muscovite-Tartar Wars, Reconquista Wars, the Barbary Coast Pirates, and the early campaigns of the Ottoman Turks and Saracens. Some lesser known crusades will also be covered. Miniatures are mainly 28mm with a growing collection in 54mm. If my photographs serve to encourage others to complete their collections I shall be pleased. I will also be mentioning other sites with interesting collections on the above. Do join the 'Friends' if you like what you see.

I prefer to use my own rules which are kept simple and involve eight-sided dice. These allow for fast results with various types of weaponry. Morale dominates my games.


Monday 9 April 2018

Ottoman Guard Cavalry receive new mounts and lances

Its been a busy two days having based seventy-four castings, all periods. My Ottoman guard sipahi, sixteen strong, have been around for some twenty years now. And I have wanted to replace their basic horses with something more asiatic for some time. The figures are actually Essex miniatures, while the new mounts are Hinchcliffe. Their old mounts have been drafted to the British Army of a much later period. In addition to this, I replaced their rather poor cast lances with some much more impressive steel wire versions. This division, including the Silahtars, will be moving off now to assist their allies, the Crim Tartars, not sure if they will get there by galley or take a longer route. MGB

12 comments:

  1. Excellent horsemen and splendid banners.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan, I'm pleased with their revamp, and it was about time.
      Michael

      Delete
  2. Handsome cavalry, and nice presentation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Phil, I'm still in shock having based so many castings in one run lol.
      Michael

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Cheers Robbie, I'm looking forward to them taking on my Muscovite boyars.
      Michael

      Delete
  4. Great stuff Michael I love those crescent flag tops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Willie, the Ottoman horde is on the move!
      Michael

      Delete
  5. Lovely job; yet more inspiring photos. I really must get some Sipahis painted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks WA, always enjoy my visits to your blog too.
      Michael

      Delete
  6. Beautiful figures! A very nice looking force! They could easily fit in right beside my Ottoman Sipahis- keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John, regularly visit your blog for some great terrain, and very attractive armies to view including your Turks and medieval Arabs.
      Michael

      Delete