Wargame Rules

BLOG BACKGROUND AND WARGAME RULES
I have set up this blog for my wargaming interests in the Muscovite-Tartar Wars, Reconquista Wars, the Barbary Coast Pirates, and the early campaigns of the Ottoman Turks and Saracens. Some lesser known crusades will also be covered. Miniatures are mainly 28mm with a growing collection in 54mm. If my photographs serve to encourage others to complete their collections I shall be pleased. I will also be mentioning other sites with interesting collections on the above. Do join the 'Friends' if you like what you see.

I prefer to use my own rules which are kept simple and involve eight-sided dice. These allow for fast results with various types of weaponry. Morale dominates my games.


Wednesday 28 February 2018

Russian Orthodox Priest

As a follow-on to yesterday's post, have just finished the Orthodox priest for my Renaissance Muscovites. The casting deserved a general clean-up, and some fine sandpaper greatly improved the appearance of the coattails and hat. Some black enamel on those areas having lost their priming, and it was ready to repaint. Still don't know who manufactured this figure, but I like it, and I granted my priest some silver ornaments. MGB

8 comments:

  1. A motivated and great looking priest, nice job and lovely scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Phil, I'm happy with the results, repainting a figure can have its risks.
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wasnt this casting a Foundry figure? I may be wrong, I often am but he looks like one from their Cossack range. Nice figure though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robbie, I will visit their site to see if it is, or still in production. I don't need another, but it interests me to know.
      Michael

      Delete
  4. Robbie's hit the nail on the head I bought this figure from foundry last month😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Willie, I found it in their rather interesting range of cossacks, as Robbie suggested. Damn it, those figures are tempting.
      Michael

      Delete
  5. Lovely looking priest!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Iain, I'm quite pleased with the result.
      Michael

      Delete