Wargame Rules

BLOG BACKGROUND AND WARGAME RULES
I have set up this blog for my wargaming interests in the Muscovite-Tartar Wars, Reconquista Wars, the Barbary Coast Pirates, and the early campaigns of the Ottoman Turks and Saracens. Some lesser known crusades will also be covered. Miniatures are mainly 28mm with a growing collection in 54mm. If my photographs serve to encourage others to complete their collections I shall be pleased. I will also be mentioning other sites with interesting collections on the above. Do join the 'Friends' if you like what you see.

I prefer to use my own rules which are kept simple and involve eight-sided dice. These allow for fast results with various types of weaponry. Morale dominates my games.


Wednesday 10 January 2018

RUSSIAN NAVAL CREW, 1600-1700

I still had a few English Civil War castings in my spares box which I was keen to find a service for. As I also had a naval cannon, it dawned on me that mixed with other figures, I could raise an early naval gun crew for my Muscovites. On the internet, several prints and photos gave me an indication of what I should be aiming for. It does appear the Russian crews probably didn't look that different to other European seafarers of the 17th century. I can see this section of my Muscovites increasing, well we have got the Crimea to capture from the Tartars and I could also use some river support elsewhere lol. MGB

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Phil, some fun additions are planned to go with these fellows.
      Michael

      Delete
  2. Fascinating and intriguing idea. Gives inspiration for those river campaigns towards the south!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi W.A. Yes, I think a river craft would not look out of place, a fun project. Have already put together a crew.
      Michael

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Willie, there is quite a bit to upload.
      Michael

      Delete