Wargame Rules

BLOG BACKGROUND AND WARGAME RULES
I have set up this blog for my wargaming interests in the Muscovite-Tartar Wars, Reconquista Wars, the Barbary Coast Pirates, and the early campaigns of the Ottoman Turks and Saracens. Some lesser known crusades will also be covered. Miniatures are mainly 28mm with a growing collection in 54mm. If my photographs serve to encourage others to complete their collections I shall be pleased. I will also be mentioning other sites with interesting collections on the above. Do join the 'Friends' if you like what you see.

I prefer to use my own rules which are kept simple and involve eight-sided dice. These allow for fast results with various types of weaponry. Morale dominates my games.


Monday 29 May 2017

Almohad Moorish Cavalry form up for Battle

I'm working to build up my collection of Moorish/Arab cavalry and the Almohads now have two units of noblemen with their retinues. The colour coordination is somewhat exaggerated but I quite like this feature to my three, small Moorish armies. Many of their dynasties are known to have possessed 'mamluk' cavalry as personal guards in addition to civic stores of arms and armour so I am not going to rule out a measure of uniformity in some units. MGB

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful banners and figures, they look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phil, I always feel that banners are superior to figures in their visual impact on the table.
      Michael

      Delete
  2. Very colorful cavalry. Who makes the figures? As Phil notes, great banners!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jonathan. The figures are a mixture of Essex, Chariot, Warrior, and my own. Most of the horses are Hinchcliffe.
      Michael

      Delete