Wargame Rules

BLOG BACKGROUND AND WARGAME RULES
I have set up this blog for my wargaming interests in the Muscovite-Tartar Wars, Reconquista Wars, the Barbary Coast Pirates, and the early campaigns of the Ottoman Turks and Saracens. Some lesser known crusades will also be covered. Miniatures are mainly 28mm with a growing collection in 54mm. If my photographs serve to encourage others to complete their collections I shall be pleased. I will also be mentioning other sites with interesting collections on the above. Do join the 'Friends' if you like what you see.

I prefer to use my own rules which are kept simple and involve eight-sided dice. These allow for fast results with various types of weaponry. Morale dominates my games.


Saturday 22 April 2017

Muscovite Banners 15-17th Century

With new units being raised for my Muscovite armies, both late medieval and renaissance, I decided to spend some time painting up a few suitable banners. In addition to more Streltsy flags, here are a few of my own designs based on typical Russian iconography. MGB

8 comments:

  1. Impressive and beautiful banners!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Phil, have also completed 12 streltsy but they still need basing. Ive said it before, my Muscovites are as close as I get to having a fantasy army.
      Michael

      Delete
  2. Excellent banners, very Muscovite. I especially love the unicorn. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robbie, a royal seal used by Ivan the Terrible has a unicorn, although the double-headed eagle with crowns was more common.
      Michael

      Delete
  3. Lovely flags. Their design gives the Muscovite forces their distinctive look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you WA, I enjoyed viewing your recent Muscovite game, don't rule out one day having a muster so we can view your entire collection.
      Michael

      Delete